Understanding and Loving Your Child As a Single Parent
Whether you have always been a single parent, or lost a spouse to death or divorce, the stress of raising healthy, well-adjusted children while trying to make ends meet can feel overwhelming at times. Where can a single parent get some help?
Steve Arterburn has spent years fielding those types of questions on his show, so he teamed up trained clinician and successful single parent of now-adult children, Stacey Sadler—to put the answers into the pages of this book. Some of the many topics covered are:
• How to manage your emotions well
• How to let your kids be kids
• How to trust God to be your co-parent
• How to grow comfortable with and receive more practical help from others in your community
• Rejecting a mindset of victimhood and embracing thankfulness
• Knowing if you’re ready to date—and how to handle that with your kids
Indeed, you were not designed to shoulder the load of parenting your children all by yourself—but that doesn’t mean you can’t succeed at it. Understanding and Loving Your Child as a Single Parent will provide the tools you need not only to survive this challenge, but to thrive within it—and set your child up for a successful life, too.